One drive showing all the connected drives as folders + sequential connection of drives

I just started the trial version of the individual subscription and I will continue to evaluate it after the free trial for a few months getting monthly subscriptions. So far it does seem to do everything I want and it looks like that if i remain fully satisfied after a few months I will stick with your software forever later and get the lifetime subscription.

1. Now on topic, can you add the capability to see the folder, my online drives are mounted as folders, into one local drive (using only one drive letter which is my main goal) that will show inside it the online drives as folders? I checked the web and found out about the subst command which requires a batch file to work and launch it automatically every time i restart/login to my pc and the other way is a workaround of making the main folder I store all the mounted folders, into a shared folder that can be mapped into a network drive which this leaves the folders discoverable to the local network and I would like to avoid this (that’s why I prefere to appear as local instead of networked). If you decide to go through with it I would also like to be able to change the icon of the drive.

2. And my second request is, that due to a large amount of drives I have from google and microsoft (that came with the need of different personal emails for different tasks), I believe it would be wise to have a sequenced process where the app would connect one drive at a time from each vendor (obviously a simultaneous login to one google and one onedrive is fine) to avoid raising red flags, when the users have checked the box to reconnect at boot on more than one drives.

1 Like

Hi @Alex_Gene,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion.

1. Mount a drive in a folder
  2. Sequenced process & red flags
    • could you let us know why red-flag issue happen?
  1. I use the “storage-as-folder” functionality exclusively and I mount all my online drives as folders in the folder location C:\RaiDrive in my computer. What I asked is if you can add the option in the RaiDrive app to show the user’s chosen folder ( C:\RaiDrive in my case) as a local drive too. In my case it would end up showing one local drive with all the “storages-as-folders” inside it, on the navigation pane on the left in windows explorer and in the “This PC” location. I use the navigation pane in windows explorer a lot, clicking directly to local drives to navigate to folders and it would be extremely convenient to have my folder with the “storages-as-folders”, looking like a local drive in the This PC tree in the navigation pane.

2. It’s mostly a preventive suggestion. I do not have any problem, but I do not want to find out if it could be a problem, if my 5+ free google drives and my 3+ free onedrives, when the RaiDrive starts and everything is set to login on boot, if they login all of them at the same time, this could raise automated alarms in google’s side to avoid abuse. Maybe not. But it is looks viable to me that’s why I suggested it.

From an experience I had once using a vpn and opening 20 bookmarked tabs in chrome to open 20 youtube channels at the same time, google was showing a page to check if I am a bot and i had to check a tick box in every one of 20 pages to load them. In the end i used an browser extension that it was able to open the pages with 0.5s gap one by one and the bot check page never appeared again. This showed me that google has some kind of measures in place to prevent anything that could be perceived as network or resource abuse, even if it is not. If google has it, then probably microsoft and more online storage providers could have something similar too.

This experience with Youtube as a google product, led me to the second suggestion for the one by one login of the drives, in case of many drives. (If you know better than I do and you believe that I do not have any problem, please say so. So far I have setup RaiDrive to start on boot, but I connect the drives manually one by one)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.