Need to add the ability to download and upload an extremely large number of files concurrently

need to add the ability to download and upload an extremely large number of files concurrently.

In Windows Explorer, copying and pasting files to a network disk is a Single thread operation of files, resulting in very high latency, especially when uploading or downloading hundreds or thousands of files.

Can I set how many files are transferred concurrently with cloud storage?

1 Like

Refer to this: https://docs.raidrive.com/settings/CopyMoveExtension.html
Can you try enable this option to see the difference?

1 Like

However, the Copy / Move performance extension beta function only has a high concurrency effect for uploaded files, but it cannot achieve high concurrency for downloaded files.

2 Likes

I see, then we need such multithread for download. Yes, I definitely need this too.

1 Like

@RaiDrive I can confirm that RaiDrive can’t handle multiple reading (downloading) threads, can you say a few words about this? This can really affect performances with some apps that need to read multiple files at once.

1 Like

The problem may be that explorer resource manager cannot download files concurrently with multiple threads. Probably raidrive allows multi-threaded downloads.

2 Likes

Around 32 reading/downloading threads i guess, i tested with a software that read 36 files at once and got error reading error while 32 files is fine so i am guessing max downloading threads should be around 30~32 threads.

Would RoboCopy help? I have a script that I run to move entire directories of Media from a local drive to the google cloud drive and it is fairly fast for me