Last Week Raidrive frequently slow or completely locks up

For about the last week or so all of our users have had periodic slow down when accessing any files or folders through RaiDrive. We are using it linked to Onedrive for Business and have about 25 users who are having these issues:

-Sometimes when clicking to open a file you get a spinning blue wheel and it never opens.
-Sometimes when a file opens it greys out “Not Responding” for 30 seconds to a couple of minutes
-Sometimes when trying to open a folder explorer greys out “Not Responding” for several minutes

Generally Raidrive seems to be performing slower and slower. I have verified users are on the most current version and that our network is not the culprit. The issue is ONLY occuring in Raidrive directories and no other network related applcations (all our applications are cloud based and performing normally). The issue also occurs on users home networks so that rules out our network pretty much… I’ve reinstalled Raidrive on several devices and attempted several other troubleshooting steps but nothing seems to help.

Hi~ @enathe ,

Could you send log file when you meet a trouble?
Please send the log file via e-mail(support@raidrive.com).

• Log file : C:\ProgramData\OpenBoxLab\RaiDrive\log

If you can reply, we will review the error and contact you again.

Thank you, I have emailed the logs. There were several files in that folder.

Please let me know if you would like me to send you logs from other users. We have around 25 I believe.

This morning it seemed fine but then started back up again about an hour ago. See a lot of these errors in the logs for all users:

2022-08-23 14:41:25.079 [ERROR] RD : OneDriveBusiness/OneDriveShared(iConstructors) : #### FOLDER ENUM : API Call Error : {“WinErrorCode”:1237,“NotifyErrorCode”:213,“RaiException”:"",“Filename”:"https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/drives/b!zRyRSSGa5EO0DwnQx5hgvEiFRmxl2lRHtAkElzvDS4Jz7NXJbXeGR4L5vxYYLM7Y/items/01A3NPGERD5ER4DU2J7JHKOA4NV7ALYP4X/children?$top=1000",“WebExceptionStatus”:“ProtocolError”,“InnerException”:"429 ",“WebResponseCode”:429,“HttpException”:“Too Many Requests : The request has been throttled”,“HttpReferenceMessage”:{“error”:{“code”:“activityLimitReached”,“message”:“The request has been throttled”,“innerError”:{“code”:“throttledRequest”,“innerError”:{“code”:“quota”},“date”:“2022-08-23T18:41:24”,“request-id”:“6f440f2c-40e2-4b23-abf1-f1a649ae738d”,“client-request-id”:“6f440f2c-40e2-4b23-abf1-f1a649ae738d”}}}}

Hi~ @enathe ,

As in the log you sent, it is caused by a Too Many Requests error.
Too Many Requests error occurs because MS OneDrive/SharePoint rejects the request when there are many requests in a short time.

If this error occurs, RaiDrive will wait for a certain amount of time and then try again. As a result, everything will be very slow.

This Too Many Requests issue and retrying after a period of time is in accordance with Microsoft’s policy and suggestion.

So far, there is no suitable alternative, and it seems to be necessary to reduce the number of tasks at once when using OneDrive/SharePoint.
(The person who shared the file or folder also affects it, so it should be reduced together.)

Thank you for the response. I found a Microsoft article in regards to this and also opened a ticket with them though they cannot support Raidrive to try to determine why we are suddenly receiving these issues.

In the article it references that throttling can occur when there is 1,200 requests within a minute. We only have 25 users maximum using it simultaneously but usually closer to 10-15 users. So that is a lot to occur within a minute for us to be throttled. It also has never been an issue up until this point, I believe the first time it occurred was Friday the 12th. My concern is that something changed on Raidrives side with the amount of resources it uses for each request, causing us to now be hitting that limit and being throttled.

Your assistance in figuring this out is greatly appreciated! I am not trying to be a jerk and threatening to leave Raidrive, though if there isn’t a solution for this we wouldn’t really have much of a choice at that point…

I also noticed there is a usage meter in the “Shared with Others” section of the Raidrive profile… Does this indicate who is utilizing the majority of resources? If that is the case then the user that is highlighted is not even in the office today and that should be empty…

I’m sorry, not trying to be a pest but if you could please review my previous 2 posts and get back to me? There has to be something that has changed for this to have started to be an issues…

Hi~ @enathe ,

We will check the items you mentioned and reply to you as soon as possible.

Thank you, It also seems to be getting worse and does not matter how many users are using it. This morning there were only 3 users using it and the issue would still occur.

Is there any updates on this? Very sorry but we have lost a ton of productivity and it’s basically unusable half the time.

My boss is pushing me to either a find a fix for the issue or to find a new solution to use asap.

Hi~ @enathe ,

We have emailed you a new patch that improves the issue you mentioned.
Please check it and let us know the result.

Unfortunately it does not seem to have improved the issue…

Hi~ @enathe ,

If you send us the log files(C:\ProgramData\OpenBoxLab\RaiDrive\log) by e-mail(support@raidrive.com), we will analyze them again and try to find ways to improve. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I just sent you the logs, my apologies for the delay. I was out of the office.

Hi~ @enathe ,

Unfortunately, the patched version doesn’t seem to help.

The patch version sent to you is for testing purposes, so please update it in the next version. (The drive list disappears when deleted, so please update it in the next version.)

Since this issue is fundamentally a limitation of OneDrive, it is difficult to avoid this issue with RaiDrive.

Please tell us the difference between this patch version and the previous version. It would be helpful if you could tell me if there are more errors or the speed is slower.

We’ll do more research and let you know if we come up with a better solution.

There wasn’t really a difference noticed with the patch at all. I finally got a microsoft rep that seems to know what they are doing so I think I am making progress with them. It may have something to do with a 3rd party app only being allowed so many requests before being permanently throttled and then that authentication for the app having to be reset.

I will let you know what we find out!