Cbfs6 added to registry editor makes WSL2 Linux tree inaccessible

I installed RaiDrive on Windows 11 in order to access Google Drive in WSL2. However, RaiDrive makes the WSL2 Linux tree inaccessible in Windows Explorer, with an error message

"\wsl.localhost is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service"

It seems that RaiDrive adds cbfs6 to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\NetworkProvider\Order
in the registry, and the addition of cbfs6 renders the WSL2 Linux tree inaccessible in Windows Explorer. If I remove cbfs6 manually from the registry, RaiDrive seems to performs correctly and WSL2 Linux tree becomes accessible, but RaiDrive would change the registry again whenever it starts. I had to uninstall RaiDrive and go back to Google Drive for Desktop.

1 Like

Hi~ @Jim ,

We apologize for any inconvenience.

From what we tested internally, there were no issues with wsl2 behavior.
I had no problems using wsl2 on windows 10 and windows 11.
We were able to use both before and after connecting the drive and after disconnecting it.

Please be specific about what exactly you are having the problem in under what circumstances.
It would be helpful if you send us the commands you used or screen captures.

It would also be helpful if you could send the log file(C:\ProgramData\OpenBoxLab\RaiDrive\log) by e-mail(support@raidrive.com).

Hi~ @Jim ,

The issue you mentioned has been reproduced.
We will do some more internal research and report back.
We apologize for any inconvenience.

1 Like

Met with the same problem, how are you progressing and are there any beta versions?

Hi~ @Jim , @sazonische .

In Windows 11, this issue occurs when cbfs6 is located in “Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\NetworkProvider\Order\NetworkProvider\Order” of the registry.
If you remove the “cbfs6” item, it works normally.
However, if you remove this, the Network Drive connected to RaiDrive in Explorer will not be visible.
We recommend entering “\\wsl$” in the address bar of Explorer to use it.