Adding shares from the local network

Hi everyone
I am sorry if its a dumb question but I am really at my wits here.
I have added my cloud accounts to RaiDrive successfully. However I am not able to connect to my NAS drives.
I am using an old Buffalo NAS (model LS-WVLF0E) on my network and I can successfully locally access it through all my computers through smb. Similarly, I am using an Asus router (model RT-AC68U) and a few disks connected to it and accessible via smb too.
I am able to connect through ftp but I am assuming its a less desirable protocol, esp on my Asus router exposed directly to the internet?
My question is: Is it possible to locally connect to these NAS drives just as one does in Windows? I am not sure if either of these support webdav and I dont even know if webdav and smb are the same thing or not.
In short, I cannot access them except for ftp. Is there a better way to do it?
Many thanks in advance.
Faisal

Hi~ @Faisal ,

The protocols that RaiDrive supports NAS are:

1. WebDAV (Http or Https)
  2. SFTP
  3. FTP
  4. FTPS

If you prefer a more secure protocol, you can use WebDAV (HTTPS), SFTP or FTPS.

Find one supported by your NAS and activate it.
RaiDrive recommends using WebDAV or SFTP.
If neither of these things work, try FTPS.

When connecting remotely, be sure to set port forwarding correctly on the router.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to let us know.

Hi @RaiDrive , extremely sorry for my late reply, got busy with other issues in life :slight_smile: I will give it another try and see how it goes. Will get back in case something is not working as expected. Thanks again and have a nice day, Faisal