Not able to add files to Synology

I have my professional license of RaiDrive connected to a Synology NAS through the WebDAV Server. I can access files from the Synology through Windows Explorer, but I cannot add files.

When I try to add a file, I get an error message that says: “There is not enough space. 383 KB is needed to copy this item. Delete or move files so you have enough space.” There is plenty of space on my local machine as well as the Synology, so I’m not sure what the issue is.

When I check the box that says “Quick Copy/Move/Delete for remote storage” and then try to add files, I get an error message that says:
Copy Error : {“WinErrorCode”:1295,“NotifyErrorCode”:204,“RaiException”:"",“Filename”:"

Any suggestions on how to remedy this issue? Any help would be appreciated!

Hi~ @jldarling7,

Would you like to check the latest version on 2020.11.38? If the problem is not resolved, please send the log file(C:\ProgramData\OpenBoxLab Inc\RaiDrive\log) by e-mail(support@raidrive.com).

Hello,

I am using the latest version 2020.11.38. I sent an email including the log file. I look forward to receiving your assistance.

Hi~ @jldarling7,

Looking at the log you sent, Synology Server returned a message stating that it was out of capacity. (Error code 507, Html message)
You need to look at the capacity settings of your Synology device. (Set capacity limit per user and capacity limit per folder or volume, etc.)

If the issue persists after checking the settings, please tell us again.