Drives Disabled When Logged In

Hi.

I have the premium version of the program and I also have the local drive addon. When I am logged out, I can connect to all my remote drives normally, but when I log in, all my drives are greyed out and cannot be enabled or connected.

I was just charged 4 days ago for the month and the subscription is active in my account. What’s going on? Is this an authentication server issue or some hardware ID problem?

Looks like it is a server error:

2019-08-30 21:25:01.923 [ERROR] Get Token Failed : {"WinErrorCode":5,"NotifyErrorCode":33,"RaiException":"Token Failed","WebExceptionStatus":"ProtocolError","InnerException":"The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden."}

Can you guys maybe institute subscription caching or something? This is pretty disruptive to my workflow because I have some applications that refuse to see Network Drives.

I’ve restarted the PC, restarted the RaiDrive service, and manually re-added the drives.

I still get a 403 error. The drives work fine with logged out and 403 implies this isn’t a DNS resolution/connectivity error.

Still getting the same Auth error:

2019-09-01 09:57:19.387 [ERROR] LOGIN TOKEN FAILED : {"WinErrorCode":5,"NotifyErrorCode":33,"RaiException":"Token Failed","WebExceptionStatus":"ProtocolError","InnerException":"The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden."}

Hi~ @digiwombat,

First of all very sorry for the late reply.
As you reported, Session server was unstable sometimes.
We’ve detected the reason why this happens. (token handling issue)
To avoid manually you had better sign in after sign out.

It will be fixed in the next coming version within this month.
Thanks a lot for your patience.